Aqua Publica Europea participates in the 4th Global WOPs Congress
Aqua Publica Europea to participate in the 4th Global WOPs Congress organises by the UN-Habitat/ Global Water Operators’ Partnerships Alliance (GWOPA) from 18 to 29 October
The 4th Global Water Operators Partnerships (WOPs) Congress "Accelerate the scaling up of effective peer-to-peer partnerships between Water Operators worldwide" is a global gathering of hundreds of public utilities and stakeholders to learn, share, inspire and get inspired from successful WOPs projects and how they can improve access to water and sanitation for all across the world. This year's edition is marked by the launch of the EU-WOP funding programme, a new important funding instrument made available by the EU that will support capacity and performance improvement of water utilities worldwide through not-for-profit cooperation: a programme that Aqua Publica Europea contributed actively to design and to engage with, thanks to the significant participation of its members.
Join Aqua Publica and its members
Aqua Publica Europea contributed to the design of the Congress’ programme as a member of the GWOPA's steering committee. Among the various thematic session that will see active participation of APE members we highlight the following ones:
- On 19 October:
- "Multi-stakeholder WOPs: Where NGOs, Academia and Others are adding Value to Utility Partnerships" from 10h00 to 12h00
- On 21 October:
- "Leapfrogging or treading water? Utilities picking up the pace at the water-energy-food nexus" from 13h00 to 15h00.
- "Successful factors for enabling WOPs: The French case", an opportunity to learn more about their involvement in WOPs partnerships, from 16h00 to 17h30
- On 22 October:
- On 25 October:
- "What does Climate Resilience mean for Water and Sanitation Operators?" from 16h00 to 18h00
- On 26 October:
- "WOP Chef: Recipes for Enabling Water Operators’ Partnerships in Europe and Beyond" from 10h00 to 12h00.
Two weeks to learn, share and get inspired by public utilities as yours.
Participation has no cost and online participation will allow everyone to take part.