Aqua Publica Europea (APE) unites publicly-owned water and sanitation operators from 13 European countries to promote public water management at both European and international level. Overall, Aqua Publica members provide high quality water and sanitation services to over 70 million European citizens.
Aqua Publica and its members work to promote a sustainable and equitable access to water resources through effective solutions that serve the public rather than corporate interests.
Aqua Publica is recruiting a Communication officer to join the association’s Secretariat based in Brussels.
- Creating and editing content (newsletter, press releases, etc.) for both internal (to members) and external communication
- Managing Aqua Publica’s digital tools (website, twitter, linkedin, etc.)
- Developing and managing relations with the EU press
- Proposing and realising – in coordination with the rest of the Secretariat - new publications and other communication initiatives
- Managing the communication activities related to the implementation of EU-funded projects and supporting the Secretariat in other implementation activities
- Managing the internal and external contact databases
- Supporting the Secretariat with general membership- and association-management activities: facilitating communication exchange among members, giving support on administrative and financial issues, managing Working Groups, etc.
- Organising internal and external events and meetings
- University degree in any relevant field related to EU policies and/or communication
- 1 to 3 year professional experience in Brussels encompassing communication activities on EU-related topics and membership-management tasks
- Outstanding written and spoken English and French; a good level of Spanish and/or Italian is highly desirable
- Ability to understand the information needs of different kinds of audience, and adapt communication style and content accordingly
- Interest in the mission of Aqua Publica
- Experience with website and social media management
- Good understanding of EU policy-making process
- Organisational skills and experience in event management
- Flexibility and capacity to work with variable workload
- Knowledge of EU environmental policies (hoping that we will continue to have environmental policies at EU level), and of the water sector
- Experience in EU project management
- Experience in advocacy or campaigning activities
- Experience in working with media
- Experience in editing print publications
- Knowledge of photo editing and graphic design tools
- Proficiency in any other European languages
What we offer
Full-time contract under Belgian law. APE will offer a salary in line with experience. The salary package includes “Chèques Repas”, hospitalisation insurance, and partial reimbursement of public transportation costs.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by 4 October 2019.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for the second stage of the recruitment process, involving a written test and an interview.