48th IAH Congress "Inspiring Groundwater"
The 48th IAH Congress "Inspiring Groundwater" will take place from the 6 to the 10th of September 2021 in Brussels (Belgium). This year's International Congress will be focused on the theme "Inspiring Groundwater" and it's coordinated by Brussels Public Water Operator, VIVAQUA.
On 6-10 September, the 48th IAH Congress "Inspiring Groundwater" will take place in Brussels (Belgium). The IAH Belgian National Chapter (the CBH-BCH) is in charge of organising the 48th International Congress of 2021. The CBH-BCH counts with the support of Aqua Publica Europea members. On this occasion, Olivier Lagneau, Network Operations Director of VIVAQUA (Brussels' Public water Operator) chairs the Congress organizing Committee.
The Congress will be focused on the following topics (all around the main theme "Inspiring Groundwater"):
- Groundwater/surface water interaction
- Hydrogeochemistry, groundwater age tracing, paleogroundwater and isotopes in hydrogeology
- Groundwater contamination
- Groundwater and climate change
- Geothermal and hydro-energy
- Karst and fractured rock hydrogeology
- Managed aquifer recharge
- Mineral and thermal waters
- Regional groundwater systems and transboundary aquifers
- Coastal aquifers
- Urban groundwater
- Groundwater and ecosystems
- Advances in forward and inverse groundwater modeling and open source tools for computational subsurface hydrology
- Advances in experimental and field methods in hydrogeology and for understanding of the critical zone
- Groundwater governance, policy and management
- Sustainable groundwater exploitation and well management
Members of Aqua Publica Europea that are partners of the Congress: