PROMEDIO | VII Meeting on low-cost wastewater management for small towns
On 24 October 2019, Aqua Publica member Promedio (Badajoz, Spain) organises a conference to focus on the Water Framework Directive and discuss different perspectives of application of the regulations for the establishment of emission limit values in small populations.
DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES OF APPLICATION OF THE REGULATIONS FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF EMISSION LIMIT VALUES IN SMALL POPULATIONS
On 24 October 2019, Aqua Publica member Promedio (Badajoz, Spain) organises a conference to focus on the Water Framework Directive and discuss different perspectives of application of the regulations for the establishment of emission limit values in small populations. Aqua Publica Europea will be present to present the European legislative perspective on the question.
Following the review of the measures carried out in the second planning cycle and the measures expected by 2027, it is clear that, independently of the updating of large waste water treatment plants, a large number of actions will focus on the provision of treatment infrastructures for small settlements. Therefore, the objectives established by the conferences will be:
- To highlight the mechanisms for establishing emission limit values for small treatment plants (< 2,000 equivalent inhabitants)
- To make known the position and the demands of the European public operators regarding the Water Framework Directive and the future revision of the Directive on urban waste water treatment that are being discussed in the European Commission.
- To show how the precepts of the Water Framework Directive are applied as opposed to "adequate treatment" in the emission limit values in inter-community basins.
- To show how the precepts of "adequate treatment" are applied in the emission limit values in intra-community basins.
- To make known the actions carried out in the Province of Badajoz to deal with the provision of infrastructures in small towns.
- To showcase depurative technologies with elimination of nutrients for small populations.
More information on Promedio's website: click here.